Friday 19 April 2019

Anarchy in Germany

I am an antichrist,
ich bin ein gestörter geist,
I want to cross the road
and I know how I’ll do it,
I’m going to ignore
the red Ampelmann, because
I want to be Anarchy
in Stuttgart City.

Anarchy in Germany
(or at least, a vote for the SPD).
I put banana juice in my beer
and sometimes cola, because
I don’t care
and I want to be Anarchy
with a splash of cherry.

There are too many ways
to say ‘a’ and ‘the’,
but I don’t use der-das-die,
I don’t decline adjectives
or properly conjugate infinitives because
I want to be Anarchy,
and the Eszet is silly.

Is this the CIA,
or is this the EEC,
or is this the NSA?
I thought it was Germany
or just another country,
another cushion behind the KGB.
I want to be Anarchy,
I want to be Anarchy
in Germany
und ich will auch Anarchismus sein
in Liechtenstein. Zerstör-
en Sie bitte.